
We are going on vacation! This is the beach house we will be staying in for 7 days. I can't explain why I am so excited about it, since I didn't really love going as a kid but I can't even wait!
There are 10 of us flying from Salt Lake to Louisiana and then driving into Alabama from there. My cousin is getting married on 06/07/08 (kinda funny) and then off to the beach we go. The beach is in Fort Morgan, Alabama and the house is right on the Gulf.
Why Alabama? Well my Dad was born and raised there. (That explains a lot!) And most of his family still lives there. I haven't been there since I was 16, and Jon and the kids never have. My Dad is from Mobile, Alabama, but we have called it Oatmeal, Alabama for as long as I can remember. I have a sister that couln't say Mobile when she was younger so Oatmeal kinda stuck.
I can't wait for my family to experience all the great things Alabama has to offer... Mosquitos, cockroaches, hurricanes and HUMIDITY! All the things that agree with me so well. I am so cute when I am there, let me tell ya! And Jo is just like me so we should be quite the pair. I have to admit there are good things about it too.. The beach houses are beautiful and the sand and water are too, I just don't love to get in them.. Give me a book and leave me in the house and we are good to go.
Sounds like the boys will be chartering a boat to take out into the Gulf to fish.. (I sure hope they bring Jon back with them.) Us girls will be on the beach working on our tans! I'm a little worried about leaving my little dog behind but I've been assured he will be well taken care of and I'm afraid if I brought him he might get eaten by one of those big nasty cockroaches I was telling you about. (I'm not kidding, they're huge!)
All in all it should be a good time. No telling how many of the 10 of us will still be speaking to each other by the time we get back but hopefully we all make it back. (Even Jon.) Plus we aren't leaving until June so I still have time to change my mind!!
For more pics of this beach house and a property tour link to http://www.meyerre.com/rentals/propertiesbytype.aspx and it's called the USA. Maybe next year you can come with us!
2 comments:
Humidity,mosquitos,heat,cockroaches
and you can't wait to go,what's up with that?
What about all the southern cuisine that is liable to have Kellie, Cody and Jon suffer a nervous breakdown?
The cockroaches are not big enough to carry Toby off...but they are close.
You better bring Jon back! Hope he doesn't get sick at sea
I hear Hunny has 50 bottles of sunscreen so Kellie doesn't get burnt
Watch the luggage/clothes on your return trip, don't want any roaches taking a trip to Utah
Post a Comment