Thursday, July 10, 2008

ACL.. The Sequel

So I'm starting to wonder if I will ever be the same.. On June 27th I had surgery again to try and repair my ACL. Previously, I would have thought that was something only athlete's have to worry about (Tiger Woods..Cadillac Williams), and since no one would ever dare call me an athlete, I thought I was safe.. Ha!

Last time they used a cadaver graft to fashion a fancy replacement for the tendon in my knee that I tore in what we refer to as "The tragic 4 wheeling accident of 2007". (and no I haven't got back on my 4 wheeler since) But since that didn't seem to hold up..(seriously, all I was doing is climbing some stairs) this time we went with my own body parts (since they appear to be such a hardy bunch) and used part of my own hamstring. So far, so good. The results seem favorable. Less bruising, hopefully a shorter recovery time, Jon is still speaking to me.. all seems well. But most of this was true of last time around.

Oh, but I hate physical therapy! Talk about treatment that is worse than the problem itself, have someone pick up you kneecap through your skin and move it around for a while..see how you like it.. I'm tired of being in the house, unable to drive, dependent on Jon and the kids for everything.. and I'll admit, I might be a little cranky!!
So if you have been on the receiving end of my new award winning personality, i.e Jon or my Mom.. I apologize, it was the drugs talking I promise!

I love you all!!

2 comments:

Hunny said...

Again, you use words like if or maybe...talk about benefit of the doubt.
I hope the knee heals better than ever and you sign up for a 5K run
(much laughter)

Perhaps you could hang with Cadillac or Tiger during your recovery.

The Katter's said...

cough. cough. just jon and mom? cough. Ha ha. just kidding. I hope you get better soon! If ya need anything feel free to call. :) Love ya!