"Losing doesn't make me want to quit. It makes me want to fight that much harder."
Coach Bear Bryant
We lost our game this week against Highland.. so sad! I hate to even talk about it!! For some reason it seems our boys just didn't show up to this game.. It was brutally hot and there was a 45 minute game delay after a Highland player was injured, making the game drag on forever!! My cheerleaders were melting.. I think they quit on me in the 3rd quarter and were only revived in the last 10 minutes of the 4th because they knew the game was ending..
"Smash" on the other hand.. (Sorry, but I love it!! And I hope to make it stick!) He is such a great team leader and gets his job done. He was blocking 2 Highland players and then going after a 3rd. In the last few seconds of the game he scored an amazing 60 yard touchdown to keep us from being scoreless. Even in the face of a loss that was so awesome to see! I love to watch him run! And hit! And play!! We need another 18 boys like him on our team and we would be unstoppable! In other football news...Brighton Bengals' #48 Braxton Elmen played a great game (so I was told) and lost to Bingham 30-0. Not a good day for Elmen football! Looking forward to next week where we play Riverton at home at 3:00 pm. Be there!!
We lost our game this week against Highland.. so sad! I hate to even talk about it!! For some reason it seems our boys just didn't show up to this game.. It was brutally hot and there was a 45 minute game delay after a Highland player was injured, making the game drag on forever!! My cheerleaders were melting.. I think they quit on me in the 3rd quarter and were only revived in the last 10 minutes of the 4th because they knew the game was ending..
"Smash" on the other hand.. (Sorry, but I love it!! And I hope to make it stick!) He is such a great team leader and gets his job done. He was blocking 2 Highland players and then going after a 3rd. In the last few seconds of the game he scored an amazing 60 yard touchdown to keep us from being scoreless. Even in the face of a loss that was so awesome to see! I love to watch him run! And hit! And play!! We need another 18 boys like him on our team and we would be unstoppable! In other football news...Brighton Bengals' #48 Braxton Elmen played a great game (so I was told) and lost to Bingham 30-0. Not a good day for Elmen football! Looking forward to next week where we play Riverton at home at 3:00 pm. Be there!!
1 comment:
Unfortunately we all know the ugh of defeat!! Maybe if we all think positively, things will change! Good luck this week!!
Post a Comment