Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sugar Bowl


My name is Sara, and I am an Alabama football fan.
Well, sort of, I'm an Alabama fan by association. And while it hurts a little to say it right now, I proudly wore my Crimson Tide apparel out in public on Friday, knowing without a doubt that the Tide would rise above the Utes. I learned a little lesson about humility that day, as did my son and brother. (The same brother that had to have his appendix removed shortly following the game!) But honestly, what choice did we have?? I've had Bama football bred into me since I was 12 and Cody is a die-hard fan to say the least. I would have gone with Utah had they played anyone else, but really how could I have turned on our team for the Sugar Bowl??
How could I hold my head up if I went against them?? I couldn't..
but I obviously live with someone who could!
I'm married to the lone Utah fan in a sea of Tide loving Carters. And I'm honestly amazed he made it out alive. Turning his nose up at all his Alabama gear, he sported a Utah hat and the smile of a traitor! Careful not to gloat too much he kept his cheering to a minimum, which I'm sure was difficult for him. What he doesn't know is that I did FedEx that lock of hair to my aunt in Alabama and his voodoo doll should be done any day. Don't think we will forget this, Jon! We're Carters, we remember everything!

4 comments:

dusty kay said...

I know how Jon feels being the lone ranger...Jared's family are hard core BYU fans. I go in proudly wearing red, holding my head high...that's about all you can do. Good job Jon....

Jon said...

For the record had Alabama been playing any one else I would have been 100% behind Alabama

Breezman said...

Roll UTES Roll!!!!

dusty kay said...

Well, Jon, since they weren't playing anyone else you still wore your Utes red proudly! Not always easy to do when you are all by yourself! : )