The other half of my life and heart right now is cheer. And actually I think it has become more than half. Kelz starting cheering two years ago to give her something to do while Cody was playing. I didn't know then that it was almost the same commitment as football and sometimes even more money! Bingham Little League Cheer is non-competitive and mostly for fun. We have girls that cheer with us from age 4-14. We have over 50 girls cheering this season.We have practice once a week and perform at half-time and cheer during the games. We perform at the playoff pep-rally and we are so much cuter than the boys!! Our first year we only had 2 girls on our squad, Kelz and Brieanna. We called them our "cheer-eaters" cuz mostly they were there for the snacks! Last year we had 7 cheerleaders which was so much more fun!! And lots more work for me! This year our squad has grown to 9!! I have no idea what I am going to do with 9 cheerleaders during the game!! They keep me busy!! Most of the girls have brothers on our team that play but we also have a few girls that are just there to have fun!! I have served on the BLLC Board for 2 years now as the secretary. I keep track of registrations and design flyers and hand-outs and mostly do the paperwork. But recently my life has become a ton more hectic with the announcement yesterday that effective the 2009 season I will take over as BLLC president and treasurer. The 2 ladies that are co-chairing now are stepping down and leaving it to me!! Scary!!! I do a lot now but I can't imagine how much more work this will be! But I will be in charge!! (I'm trying not to let it go to my head!!) I love my girls though and wouldn't have it any other way!!




Bingham Little League Cheer.. We're Number One.. Second to None!!
www.binghamlittleleaguecheer.blogspot.com
1 comment:
Hey Kellie!! You look so cute! I'm so glad that you have found something that you love! Sara--have fun with the whole president thing! Y'all have the Bingham look down!!! Go Bingham!
Post a Comment