Thursday, October 2, 2008

Office of the Chief

So I guess I was nomintated for this award..see my post about civilian employee of the month..and with it came an invitation for lunch with my Chief at Little America. So lunch was yesterday and it was one of the coolest things I have ever done! We had three assistant chiefs come with us and I felt so important! Our Chief is so down to earth and easy going and funny! I loved him! He drove us to lunch and came across as so interested in my thoughts and ideas and you could tell he really cared about trying to make our department a better place to be. Positive recognition doesn't come freely around this place and I have to say some of my co-workers have been pretty bitter towards the two of us that got this award. It makes it hard to be excited and want to share but I actually enjoyed going and being recognized for something we did. Hopefully it's not the last time!
So today I can say.. I love my job!! Thanks Chief!!

No comments: