Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 8: A Moment When You Felt Most Satisfied With Your Life.

Day 8: A Moment When You Felt Most Satisfied With Your Life.

This one is hard for me.  I feel like I am always looking for more out of life and I'm not sure I ever stop to appreciate what I really have.  So I can't think of one major moments but I did think of a few small ones.


The first time I held my son in my arms.  I was young, I was scared, but the second I was handed this crying baby and I looked at him for the first time and spoke my first words to him and he stopped crying and looked up at me, and he was so amazing and so perfect, I felt like he was everything I had been waiting for in my life.

The day we signed on our first house I remember thinking that we had made it, that we were finally adults and we had something that was just ours and a place to build our family and room to grow.  As I got older I realized home isn't a building it's more a feeling no matter where you make it, but that day we signed our lives away for the first time I remember thinking, this is what life is all about.

The day my daughter was born.  I had a boy and a girl!  Everything anyone could ever want.  I had a mini-me that I could mold and shape into everything I wanted her to be. She was beautiful and made every part of our family complete.  She added the finishing touches!

Those are the major ones, the smaller moments come when we are all sitting on the couch at home watching a movie together, the inside jokes we share just the four of us.  The times my kids would come home from school and lay on my bed together and tell me all about their days at school and just talk and talk.  The nights Jon and I get in bed with our boys (Cooper and Toby) and stalk all night about our hopes and dreams for the future and what it will be like when it's just the two of us. 

So mostly it's the little things in life that make me the most satisfied!

No comments: