Day 9: If You Could Have Any Job In The World, What Would It Be?
I always wanted to be a teacher. And I think I would have been pretty good at it, I wanted to teach English in either Middle School or High School. I wanted to be the yearbook and school newspaper advisor like my very favorite teacher in school was. I think that one day I might go to school and try and get a teaching certificate and try to pursue this dream. But I feel like it is something that will have to wait until my kids have both graduated themselves.
I love to learn and I love to read and I would like to inspire this love in someone else. Teachers my kids have now just don't seem the same as I had growing up. In High School I developed relationships with a few of my teachers, they knew who I was on a very personal level. It seems most teachers now just don't care anymore, pass or fail, the kids are just another kid to them. It's kind of sad the state our Education system is in. It's all about the money, and there just isn't ever enough to go around. We should be investing in our countries future leaders, not cutting corners and dollars from their education. I would love to be able to leave the same sort of lasting impression on some kids that was left on me.
So that's what I want to be when I grow up!

No comments:
Post a Comment