Let's go with 2011..
In 2011 we bought a house! A beautiful big place to grow and raise our family and settle for years house!
It took us six months from the time we decided to buy until we closed and were able to move in but I really found the house of my dreams. We have enough room for our kids and us and a guest room and an office and to host parties and lots of people! Sure, it was a tough road to get it and I would never recommend someone buy a Short Sale unless they have all the time and patience in the world. (Which we didn't..and I don't) But in the end it all worked out. I would..(and have)..recommend my Realtor Jessica and our Finance people at Academy Mortgage to everyone. They were awesome. We have since sent 2 friends to them who have found homes of their own. Sure we know it needs a new roof, and paint and had a few more problems than we thought it did but it's our home and I wouldn't want any other place right now.
In 2011, my kids started Junior High and High School. This was a high and a low. I was so excited for them to start new chapters in their lives but I was and am scared for them to go out into this world that I can now protect them from less and less. Cody played for the Bingham High School football team and had a good season. Kelz applied to be a SBO like her brother and didn't make it..but applied to be on the school's HOPE squad and did make it. I love that they get involved. Cody started driving this year which is one of the scariest things I have ever known. Not that he is a bad driver, more that anything can happen out there on the road.
In 2011, I've learned that my friends aren't who I always need them to be. I've lost quite a few friends this year and I'm still struggling to deal with it. I am in such a different place in my life than so many of them. My kids are mostly grown and I can leave them home and go places without them and so many of my friends are just starting their marriages and having children. My siblings are so different in age from myself that the same will happen there soon as well. My friends have been my family for so many years that I'm struggling a bit to find where I fit in. I spent my time at home on weekends and my time with crying babies and diapers and while I'm excited for them, it's just not who we are anymore. I know part of it is that we started so much earlier than everyone else, but I think we have changed who we are too. I met some new friends this year, friends I hope to get closer to one day. I've had to go outside my comfort zone and branch out a bit but I'm hoping I find a place where I am happy.
In 2011, I have ignored my health and health problems for so long that they have caught up with me some. I ended up with bronchitis four times and pneumonia once, and multiple illnesses in between. That is a scary place to be for me. I catch everything that goes around work and comes home and I get it worse and longer than anyone else. Definitely a low.
In 2011, I started a second job at UTA Police. We needed the money to get into the house and now sadly we need the money to make ends meet. I work 2 ten hour shifts there, bringing my weekly total to 60 hours. It's a struggle for sure. I like the work and have finally made friends with the people there, and the money is awesome. I don't mind being there but I am very resentful of the time it takes from my family, and any alone time I used to have. It has also taken a huge toll on my health as of late so we have had to reevaluate our priorities and expenses so I can maybe quit one day.
In 2011, we added another dog to our home. Yes we already had 3 dogs, but what the hell, let's add one more. Cooper came along and he's added a lot of fun and love to our house but he brought some problems too. None of the other dogs love him so we have had to make adjustments to keep him alive. He has some eye problems that cost us a fortune to treat. He eats carpet, and iPhone and Nook cords and shoes and just about everything. But he is family and we love him.
One constant this year has always been Jon and the kids. They are my world and we all have our highs and lows but at the end of the day we ge through them together and that's what matters to me most.





2 comments:
<3 <3 <3 <3 Sure love you!!!
The new house looks great!
Post a Comment