This will be hard. I read so many books but I do not re-read books ever. I can't, there are so many books I always have waiting to read that there just isn't time. So here are a few that I just love, in no particular order.
Game of Thrones series. My current favorite. These books take a while to get into. And I tried to read them a few times before I actually got into them. It took seeing the show on HBO in order to actually picture the people in my head enough to keep them straight. I highly recommend them. They are quite lengthy (the last one was 1100 pages) and it takes a little work to keep all the characters straight..but so so worth it. My favorite character is Daenerys Targaryen or the Khaleesi..(which is basically another word for Queen). I love her.
![]() |
| The Khaleesi |
Any book written by Jodi Picoult, I highly recommend..Nineteen Minutes (about a school shooting) House Rules, (about a child with Asperger's) and Plain Truth (about an Amish teenager) are just a few. These books always take a controversial topic and weigh in on both sides. I loved My Sister's Keeper but hated the fact that they changed the ending in the movie. I don't know why an author would allow that to happen.
For fun reads I like MaryJanice Davidson and her Betsy the Vampire series and JR Ward and her Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Both great book series that are fast to read, no thinking required.
I could go on and on...
I like James Patterson's series on the Women's Murder Club.
and Charlaine Harris and her Sookie Stackhouse series. Trueblood on HBO is based on this series.
And...okay I'll stop there.




1 comment:
Looks like some good book recommendations thanks!
Post a Comment