Day 22: How Have You Changed in the Past 2 years.
I would say my biggest change happened about 2 1/2 years ago when I applied for my current position at work and got it! It was something I wanted really bad but I didn't realize how much it would change my life. I dispatched for over 9 years and 8 1/2 of those were on graveyard shift. I worked every weekend, every holiday and I loved it! It was definitely who I was. When I accepted my new position, with my fancy title of E-911 Office Facilitator, my schedule was thrown into total upheaval and I packed my bags and went to day shift.. something I thought I would hate more than anything. And to be honest, I am not a day shift person. I could go back to graves with no problem at all. But I love my job and I love the people I get to work with now, people I have grown to know and love so well. and I could never go back at this point.
At the same time I was promoted I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, and that sort of sent me into a tailspin. I was and am scared of this diagnosis but I try not to let it define me, and not think of it as a death sentence.. What has changed with that is I try to be more conscious of what I eat and try to work out and really try to take my medications, even though they tend to make me really sick.
In the past two years we moved from the house we lived in for 5 years and took a leap and bought our own home. Granted we are second time home owners but this felt really different this time. And really scary for me. It was a good decision all around and I love my new home, now that it feels like home and I can see us here for a very long time.
I have had to learn to let go of my kids some so they can grow and become the people they were meant to be.
I have changed my idea of where I want to be career wise and have decided to let nothing and no one get in my way. I have a great boss that recognizes my abilities and is willing to teach me and help me get where I want to go.
But mostly I haven't changed where it matters..I know more than ever that family is everything. And while I love my whole extended family, I mean more of our little family of four. They are my world and everything I do, I do with them in mind.

2 comments:
I sure love you!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!
I miss you lots!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Post a Comment