Day 27: A Problem You Have or Have Had in the Past.
I can think of a couple but I'm going to go with Money Management. It's a problem most of us have but most recently I feel my control of our money situation slipping away. It seems just when we take 2 steps forward towards making things better, we get knocked 3 steps back. It's no secret I work 2 jobs right now. I sort of feel like a broken record about it. I decided to do it because the job that came along paid really well for a part time job and it was something I already knew and loved doing so I jumped at it. We were in the process of buying our house at the time and I knew the extra money would come in handy.
So many people said once you start making that kind of money, you will grow into it and always need it. I'm sort of afraid that has come true. We can pay all our bills and live without it, but we would be paycheck to paycheck again and while I thought we would be using the part time money to pay off some of our debt, that just hasn't happened. It has gone to so many other things instead. Some things we needed..some we didn't.
Our priorities pretty much suck. I have been hoarding money to pay for a new roof for my house. Something we knew we would need when we moved in, but now I have discovered that money is going to have to go to pay the thousands of dollars in taxes we owe this year. Yes..thousands. Because although we have a house and the kids to claim now we make "too much money" and didn't pay enough throughout the year..so there goes my roof money.. It's a viscous cycle. The extra money I earned to help us out has now caused us to owe so much more.
I'm really not sure how to gain control again, or any perspective on it right now. I feel pretty doomed to work 2 jobs for the rest of my life. I don't see a raise in my near future, and in actuality I will soon be making as much an hour at job 2 as I do at job 1. Jon's job is pretty stagnant. Things aren't getting cheaper, and never will. The kids cost more the older they get, not less. I know money and bills will be a problem to face until the day we die but I would just like to worry less about them and be able to enjoy life just a little more than working 2 jobs has to offer.

No comments:
Post a Comment