Day 29: List 10 People Dead or Alive, You Would Invite to Dinner. Include the Dinner Menu.
This is a hard one. I have no idea so I'm just going to wing it.
1. Bobby Carter, my Pepaw. I don't know why but he is the first person I thought of. I didn't get many chances to eat dinner with him but he was an amazing man and could keep the conversation going all night.
2. John F. Kennedy. I really really want to know who killed him, and by now I would think he should know. And Jon is fascinated with all things Kennedy which has sort of carried over to me.
3. Elvis.. Because he is Elvis..and he could probably fall into the dead or the alive category.
4. Walt Disney. An amazing man. Maybe he could make me a for real princess too.
5. President Obama. Say what you want about him, I still think he would have a lot to offer at a dinner party.
6. Donald Draper. No, not that actor that plays him..the real him. So handsome, so mysterious..with a little bit of jerk thrown in for good measure.
7. Bear Bryant. For Cody..and for my Pepaw.
8. Oprah. So she could interview everyone and I could watch it later. She could also give info on how to become the richest woman in the world!
9. Princess Diana. So I could say I met a for real Princess and she would probably add a bit of class to the place.
10. Jon and the kids, because why would I want to entertain all these people alone??
I'd serve southern food, most of which I would never eat, but if my Pepaw was there that's what I imagine he'd like to eat. So I'd go with shrimp gumbo, the first thing he ever made me eat, collard greens, black eyed peas, crawfish, and fried okra. For dessert we would have Krispy Kreme donuts, because the first time I ever ate one I was with him.

2 comments:
I love it very much!!!! I like yours so much better than mine!!!
Yes to Don Draper! Love the Picture!
Post a Comment