Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 25: Someone Who Fascinates You and Why

Day 25: Someone Who Fascinates You and Why:

So my kids are probably who probably fascinate me most but today I'm just going to write about one.
(Sorry Kelz)

Cody. CodeMan. or as I often just call him..The Boy.

From day one I have always been amazed by him. As a baby he was a terror and never slept but as he started to grow older there was so much going on with him that made me wonder what was going on inside his little head, you see Cody has always been a little obsessive, to put it mildy, and we have seemed to always encourage that obsession when we can.

When he was 3 he was fascinated with all things trains and we would follow trains all over the valley for him and he could name every train in Thomas's yard.  When he was 4 you could tell him a car number and he could tell you the NASCAR driver who drove it. He always had a great imagination and would play with his toys for hours (this was before Playstation came into his life)  He had a Batman and a Scooby Doo beanie baby that he would throw in the air to land on his fan in his room so when he turned it on, they could fly! He would wear his Star Wars pajamas with his Batman cape, two different colored mittens and his snow boots and run all over my house!  He had an imaginary friend that I can't for the life of me remember his name..maybe it was Steve?  He went everywhere with us..one day we left Steve in the basket at Smith's and Cody was so devestated that we had to go back for him.
UPDATE: The imaginary friends name was Mike..  It was the fish named Steve..what was I thinking?

At age 5 he started Soccer and played several years of that, both indoor and outdoor. Then Basketball at age 6, and Football at age 8, and Lacrosse at age 12. While it took a while for his athletic ability to catch up with what he knew in his head he has always excelled with a ball in his hand.  He has natural athletic ability that I only wish I could take credit for.  Give him a ball and tell him to run and you'll never catch him.  How does that happen?  Are we really related?  He is driven in ways I've never seen in a kid his age.  He currently works out about 4 hours a day with Football stuff during school and Lacrosse stuff after.  I could never maintain that schedule. And he never ever complains.

As a little kid you always knew if Cody was happy or sad or mad.  His every mood was always written on his face.  As a teenager he is so much harder to read.  He hides out in his room a lot.  He discloses very little personal information unless questioned.  Sometimes I feel like a stranger is living in our house with us.  With Kellie it's so much easier. She's an open book.. but The Boy...?  The boy is a little more mysterious..a little more complex, so much more intense..all of which is what fascinates me the most.

1 comment:

Coco said...

So - I love the imaginary friend part!! And, he is such a boy.