Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Banquets!

I didn't realize just how busy we have been the past few weeks until I broke out all the pictures on my camera! November is always a busy month with several birthdays and football and cheer wrapping up it goes by in a flash!

Our first banquet this year was for our cheerleaders. It turned out pretty good, it was held at Ruby Tuesday's in West Valley and we had about 80 people show up. Jon made an amazing highlights DVD for all the girls and we handed out their pictures and awards and retired our old Cheer Board and introduced our new one.. Me!! Well not just me, I will have some very wonderful assistants but I can't wait to try some new things next year and see how they work! I love my girls and probably didn't give them all the time and attention they deserved this year with all the chaos that football brought. I think next year I just might have to retire my team mom hat and focus on being Cheer Prez! (Someone remind me of this come July!)
Banquet Number 2 for our football team was held last night at the Ruby Tuesdays in Jordan Landing. This banquet was a lot more work and a lot more stress for me. You would think with less people to keep happy that it would be easier, but it so isn't. The pressure to dazzle the boys (and mostly the parents) is so high that I think any team mom would struggle to live up to the expectations! That said.. I love these boys! For the most part they were well behaved and very appreciative of all their gifts.. And they got a ton of gifts!! It looked like Christmas. They were very spoiled this year and it showed. All the parents were on their best behavior and everyone told me how great they thought it all went.. and it did. I was surprisingly happy with the outcome and it almost makes me want to do it again..almost!
I told all the parents at the beginning of the year that it isn't a good season until I threaten to divorce Jon at least three or four times. (And my mom can so back me up on that) He can get so caught up in football that sometimes it seems like if you aren't wearing a helmet and cleats then he can't be bothered with you! It's not always a bad thing though, he is more devoted to his team and this league than anyone else I know. Jon puts his blood, sweat and tears into each and every one of the boys he has taught and they each leave us as part of our family. These boys are lucky to have him as their coach. And I am very proud to have him as my husband!On a final football note.. Jon introduced the team in a lineup last night, announcing all their individual stats and accomplishments.. Cody Fredrick's were as follows..
#13 Cody Elmen - Fullback, Linebacker. 2nd on the team in rushing yards with 336. 2nd in touchdowns with 7. And 1st in tackles with 44 total. Our team went 7-2 in the regular season scoring 189 points for and only 84 points against.

What a great end to an amazing season.. Thanks to all!

No comments: