'You don't know how strong a person is until you see them at their weakest moment.'
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Miners Playoffs
So it breaks my heart to write this and to look at the pictures again.. I had such high hopes for this season and for my boys to finally win a championship. We had the talent, but at the end of the day I guess we just didn't have the drive. We played the Alta Hawks on Saturday and very sadly, we lost. 27-0. At halftime our team was down 7-0 and I still had hopes that our team could win..until this happened.. We still don't know exactly how it happened, but one second he was tackling someone and the next second he was on the ground. Cody is pretty tough and has taken a lot of hard hits and is covered in bruises, so when he didn't jump up I knew something was wrong. As a mom I have to stay on the sideline and watch while Jon and his coaches run to the field to check on my son. I waited and watched nervously for a few minutes until they brought in the paramedics, then I was out on the field too! They cut his shirt and his elbow was already swollen quite a bit and was bruised perfectly to match the bottom of someone's cleat. We ice-packed it and waited out the game. Sadly we watched as our team fell apart after that. Some of the boys looked like they had never even played ball before. And we were grateful when it was over. So, he's been xrayed and there are no obvious breaks. He still has a splint on until tomorrow when he sees a Sports Medicine doctor to make sure there aren't any muscle or ligament tears, but other than a broken heart I think he'll be fine. He says the loss hurts worse than his arm.. So sad! Isn't it pretty??
Poor guy! Its so tough to lose when you made it so far....His arm looks rough. Its hard as a mom to watch your child get hurt. Jakson got smacked right in the forehead, right above his eye, with a baseball during warm ups before his all-star game. It knocked him to the ground, and swelled instantly. It was so gross, I posted it back in July, but anyway he was more disappointed we wouldn't let him play that day! Boys...gotta love 'em.
2 comments:
Ouch! Cody, I'm so sorry---for both your arm and the loss. Hope you are feeling better! Keep us posted on what the docs figure out.
Poor guy! Its so tough to lose when you made it so far....His arm looks rough. Its hard as a mom to watch your child get hurt. Jakson got smacked right in the forehead, right above his eye, with a baseball during warm ups before his all-star game. It knocked him to the ground, and swelled instantly. It was so gross, I posted it back in July, but anyway he was more disappointed we wouldn't let him play that day! Boys...gotta love 'em.
Post a Comment