Born November 8, 1995, Cody Garret Elmen turns 13 today! I can't even believe how old he is. My little guy is now taller than me, his voice is changing, and he isn't so little anymore. Everyone says teenagers are hard work, but so far he has made things easy for us. (Let's hope it stays that way!)Cody,
You are such an example to the rest of us, you are strong, funny, easygoing, determined and such a joy to have in our home. Who would have thought that the baby they handed me 13 years ago would turn out to be such a good kid!
FYI, you were not a good baby!! :)
I admire your talents and abilities, especially your athletic ones. (You did not get those from your mother!) I loved watching you play football this year. You are so talented and so hardworking, you led that team in every way and you deserved a championship as much as any kid out there. I can always see and get told how much you look like your Dad, and you do, you always have. I have to look hard to see something in your face that might come from me. But inside..inside I can see it! There is something so special between me and you, something no one other than a mom and her son can ever have.
You have been everything in my life since the day I found out
I was going to have you..
Cody, everyone who knows you, loves you! I have people approach me all the time to tell me how much they love your smile, how respectful you are, how contagious your laugh is and how great of an example you are. As first born son and grandson, you have so
many adoring fans that love you and will be there for you if
ever you need it! You make us proud!
Love ya!
The Mom














4 comments:
OMG!! I remember some of those younger pictures of him...I can't believe he's 13. Seems like yesterday you were pregnant with him! We are getting old Sara! Happy Birthday Cody...
We need to get together for lunch sometime.
Happy belated birthday, Cody! Hope you had a great bday! You really are a terrific young man!! Thanks for being friends with our family!!!
I love these pictures!
Wow, time really flies.
I can't believe he's 13 either and I see him every week.
I think you can tell by the pictures that he is a great kid!
OH my goodness I'm bawlin like a goober! it seems like just yesterday cody was just a chubby little thing that ran with his head out in front of him slammin into things.
Post a Comment