Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cody Fredrick Carter Elmen's Birthday

Cody's birthday lasted several days this year. First with a dinner with the Elmens at Chef Tom's, Cody's favorite place to eat. We had to wait almost 2 hours to be seated and our service was less than steller but the boy seemed pretty happy.. Thanks to all who came!
Then we celebrated on Sunday with my family (I have no pics!) We had ribs, also Cody's favorite and red cupcakes shaped in the letter A for Alabama.. Cody's favorite present was the one he got early, so he could wear it for Halloween... His Bear Bryant houndstooth fedora hat! It makes me laugh when he wears it, but he loves it!!

We got him suite tickets to a Jazz game that we went to on the 19th. Kelz and I are not what you would consider huge basketball fans, but we went along anyway and suffered through.


Finally, on Saturday we had a friends party for him. I had no idea what to do for teenage boys, so I sort of stole an idea. We held Elmen Olympics at our house (Thanks Jaime!) We split the boys into teams of two and since we had an odd number, Jon got to play too! The events were Pool, Wii Bowling, Foosball, and Darts. The gave themselves team names and we had a blast! I think Jon was yelling and getting into it just as much, if not more than the rest of the boys. (What a kid he is!) I guess this party was a hit because I have heard from a few parents that their boys haven't stopped talking about it!

So there you go Cody! I hope your thirteenth birthday is one you will always remember!

No comments: